American Express is ready for the holiday season at the moment. In this, they partner with all the major hotel chains. Earlier in the year, they partnered with Hyatt and Hilton Hotels for offering statement credits. They also ran Hilton and Marriott Transfer bonuses of 50% recently. Now, American Express is offering 25% statement credits on Marriott stays in select countries. This new promotion is showing up in the Amex Offers in your personal Amex India website, and you need to log in to see the details and if you have been targeted.
After the fabulous transfer bonuses with Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy, American Express now is offering a 25% bonus with British Airways Avios. The promotion is offering a straight 25% bonus on transferring your Membership Rewards points to British Airways, with the points being received in your BA Executive Club account by December 31, 2019.
American Express has come up with another promotion, albeit for a very short period, to promote the use of the American Express Travel website.
The offer is straightforward and very short. You need to visit the American Express Online travel portal and book prepaid hotel rooms worth INR 50,000 or more between November 29, 2019, and December 1, 2019 (exclusive of taxes and fees), for stays to be completed by March 31, 2020. You will receive 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points on your card statement. The exclusion from this offer is the Fine Hotel and Resorts properties and The Hotel Collection properties. For international properties, you could also get up to 40% off on the hotels when you book prepaid.
In case a cardmember holds multiple cards, he is eligible to avail this offer from various cards. For instance, if you hold a Gold Charge Card and a Platinum Reserve card, you can avail the offer once from each card and earn 20,000 Membership Rewards points. The promotion is not targetted, but only the following cardmembers get to use it.
- American Express Platinum Card
- American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card (Currently Free)
- American Express Gold Card (First Year at INR 1,000 only)
Here are the relevant terms & conditions of this promotion:
- The offer will commence on November 29, 2019, 00:00 am and ends on December 1, 2019, 11:59 pm (both days inclusive). Offer is valid for stays between November 29, 2019, until March 31, 2020.
- To receive this offer, the purchase should be charged in full to the American Express Card.
- To avail the Membership Rewards points, Cardmember must make a transaction of ₹50,000 or more exclusive of taxes or fees or any other discount value.
- Bonus Membership Rewards points shall be credited within 90 days from the end date of the campaign, i.e. February 29, 2020.
- Bonus Membership Rewards points will be capped at Card Account level, and a Cardmember can earn maximum 10,000 Bonus Membership Rewards points per Card Account, irrespective of the number of eligible transactions done within the offer period.
- The offer applies to Supplementary Cards as well, however only once per Card Account.
For instance, in the case of international hotels, here is an excellent example of how this sale can earn you the bonus points and a discount.
This rate exactly matches the price available on the Radisson Hotels website. Things to look out are that in the case of booking direct you’d get Radisson Rewards points, and if you booked with an Amex Platinum, you’d get 3X the usual rewards. When booking, for instance, with this promotion, you get 1,584 Membership Rewards points for the spend with an Amex Platinum card, and 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points.
I think this is a good promotion to partake in if you have firm plans, or can make firm plans over the next couple of days to cash in on this promotion.
What do you think of the Amex Black Friday offers? Will you be making use of this offer?
Do you get hotel points when booking via Amex travel? I believe we do get for fhr bookings but want to make sure about other bookings.