Air India has been operating relief flights across the globe after the closure of Indian borders at the start of the CoronaVirus Pandemic. Since then, Canada was one such destination under the Vande Bharat brand. With the India – Canada travel restrictions being eased, however, both Air Canada and Air India are increasing flights between the two countries.
Now, Air India is adding about 19 new flights between Delhi – Toronto and vice versa, and Delhi – Vancouver under a bilateral arrangement with the Canadian government from August 15, 2020.
Here is everyone who is able to board these flights for now,
- Inbound flights into India
- Stranded Indian nationals
- All Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders holding Canadian passports
- Foreigners (including diplomats) holding a valid visa issued by an Indian Mission in any category covered under Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) guidelines of 3o.o6.2o2o.
- Outbound flights from India
- Stranded Canadian nationals/residents.
- Any Indian national holding any type of valid Canadian visa. It would be for the airlines concerned to ensure that there is no travel restriction for Indian nationals to enter Canada with the particular visa category before the issue of ticket/ boarding pass to the Indian passenger.
- Seamen of foreign nationalities; Seamen holding Indian passports would be allowed subject to clearance from the Ministry of Shipping.
- Bookings for these flights open August 15, 2020 at 10 AM IST. From India, you can only book on Air India website and Air India offices.
Currently, the air travel closure of India is only till August 31, 2020, so any flights you may book on Air India after that date could be regularly available flights, which may or may not operate depending on the extension of the ban.
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.