As some parts of the world starts to turn around from the pandemic, travel is picking up again, and airlines are back to earning their customers back again. Dubai, which is the host city for the Expo 2020, has now worked out a couple of very interesting promotions for Expo 2020 (now happening 2021-22).
Emirates has launched a new promotion, called Mile-A-Minute. The promotion requires registration, so do register here. If you fly to Dubai during the six months of Expo 2020 with Emirates (after registration) and earn one Skywards mile (up to 5000 Skywards Miles) for every minute you stay in the city. Whether it is a stopover or a longer visit, you can earn miles during your stay.
You can earn the bonus Miles when you register before 31 March 2022, for travel between 1 October 2021 and 31 March 2022. Register online or through the Emirates App. You can also call Emirates to register Skywards Skysurfers and they can earn Miles as well.
The Emirates Skywards Mile‑A‑Minute in Dubai Offer is open to all individual Emirates Skywards members who:
- are existing Emirates Skywards members, or who enrol as a member by 11.59pm (Dubai time) on 31 March 2022.
- have registered for the offer prior to travel and latest by 11.59pm (Dubai time) on 31 March 2022 either via email link, emirates.com, Emirates App or Emirates Retail or Contact Centers. Skysurfers can register only with consent from their Parent/Guardian, who must register through the Emirates Retail or Contact Centres.
- have completed issuance of an Eligible Ticket and Eligible Fare between 0.01am on August 1, 2021 and 11.59pm (Dubai time) on March 31, 2022.
- have commenced an Eligible Journey on Eligible Flights between 0.01am on October 1, 2021 and 11.59pm (Dubai time) on March 31, 2022.
An Eligible Ticket is defined as:
- any with prefix 176.
- any purchased via emirates.com, Emirates App, Emirates Retail or Contact Centres, or via a travel agent.
- any eligible for normal Skywards Miles accrual, per Skywards Programme Rules.
- any, except one‑way tickets terminating in the United Arab Emirates.
An Eligible Fare is defined as:
- “Special”, “Saver”, “Flex” or “Flex Plus” in either Economy Class, Business Class or First Class.
- An Eligible Journey is defined as:
- any originating outside the United Arab Emirates.
- with a minimum stay in Dubai of 24 hours (per scheduled arrival & departure times on ticket).
- An Eligible Flight is defined as:
- an Emirates marketed flight with EK designator, operated by Emirates or flydubai.
- all other codeshare and interline flights are excluded from this offer.
- An Emirates Skywards member who, at the discretion of Emirates Skywards, satisfies all the conditions set out above will be awarded bonus Skywards Miles in addition to the Skywards Miles normally earned in respect of the flight:
- the bonus applicable for this promotion is 1 Skywards Mile for every 1 minute in Dubai (per scheduled arrival & departure times on ticket). The maximum bonus that can be earned is 5,000 Skywards Miles.
- this bonus will be credited only once per member during the offer period.
- this bonus will be credited for the first eligible stay in Dubai only.
- this bonus will be credited within 14 days from the completion of your stay in Dubai.
The Emirates Skywards member will be notified of the Miles credit in their membership statements, which are accessible on the Emirates App or online at emirates.com.
The Emirates Mile-A-Minute promotion is a great promotion to earn points if you are in Dubai over the period of October 2021 and March 2022. The promotion offers you a mile a minute for up to 3.5 days in Dubai, during the duration overlapping the Expo 2020 in Dubai. The only condition, you need to fly Emirates to arrive and depart from Dubai.
What do you think of the Emirates Mile-A-Minute promotion?
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.