Priority Pass and Plaza Premium Lounges seem to be going their separate ways in India. Priority Pass, which is the global lounge pass operator enabling access to lounges worldwide using a single card, is no longer listing the Indian Plaza network lounges on their website.
Plaza Network operates many airport lounges in India, mainly at Delhi:
- Chandigarh: Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures, Terminal 1)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (International Arrivals, Terminal 3)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures, Terminal 1)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures, Terminal 2)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Lounge A, Level 3, International Departures, Terminal 3)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Lounge B, Level 4, International Departures, Terminal 3)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures, Terminal 3)
- Plaza Premium Lounge Transit Hotel (International Arrivals, Terminal 3)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Arrivals, Terminal 3)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (International Departures)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures)
A good look at Plaza Premium network website also indicates that many lounges have left the network as well:
- Ahmedabad (Opened in 2018 and was operational in 2019, now called The Lounge)
- Bangalore (Taken over by the airport)
At first, it looked like an aberration, but on reaching out to Plaza Premium Network, they indeed confirmed that they are no longer accepting Priority Passes to access the lounge.
Dear Ajay, thank you for reaching out. Currently, Priority Pass cards are not being accepted at the lounges. We apologize for any inconvenience that you might have to face due to this.
— Plaza Premium Lounge (@plaza_network) January 12, 2021
On checking out the Priority Pass website, all the lounges operated by Plaza Network are gone from the site. This is funny to me since potentially, Priority Pass pays more to lounges than the deals negotiated by card companies.
Collinson, the company which operates the Priority Pass network, issued us a statement to this effect,
Effective 1 January 2021, access to 11 Plaza Premium lounges has been temporarily suspended from the Priority Pass network in three locations within India: New Delhi (eight lounges); Hyderabad (two lounges); Chandigarh (one lounge). Cram Bar in Chandigarh remains in the Priority Pass network as a lounge alternative.
It is important to note that the lounges are operational and allow passengers to access the lounge with other modes, such as credit cards and airline invitations.
Only Priority pass no more accepted , other cards accepted
— hiren bhingradia (@hirenbhingradia) January 12, 2021
Moral of the story is that if you plan to use Delhi, Hyderabad or Chandigarh Airport lounges, better bring along a different medium to access the lounge rather than a Priority Pass.
Have you been turned away from lounges at these three airports recently?
(H/T: Hiren Bhingradia)
Liked our articles and our efforts? Please pay an amount you are comfortable with; an amount you believe is the fair price for the content you have consumed. Please enter an amount in the box below and click on the button to pay; you can use Netbanking, Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, QR codes, or any Wallet to pay. Every contribution helps cover the cost of the content generated for your benefit.
(Important: to receive confirmation and details of your transaction, please enter a valid email address in the pop-up form that will appear after you click the ‘Pay Now’ button. For international transactions, use Paypal to process the transaction.)
We are not putting our articles behind any paywall where you are asked to pay before you read an article. We are asking you to pay after you have read the article if you are satisfied with the quality and our efforts.