Ever since the Hyatt Gold Passport has morphed into the World of Hyatt, one of the most confusing aspects has been about how to get back
Diamond Globalist status. Hyatt moved the goalpost from 25 stays/50 nights to 60 nights or 100K base points per annum, thus completely eliminating the option to qualify on 25 one night stays.
However, if you work with certain companies, you may still be in luck to get your status to Globalist quickly. Hyatt is offering Elite Tier & Fast Track offers for many corporates.
Members need to register for this offer here, and will receive Explorist tier immediately. To keep the Explorist Tier, one needs to make 10 nights within 90 days of registration with this promotion. To make Globalist, one needs to make 20 nights within 90 days. The last date to register for this promotion is September 30, 2017.
Here are the usual tier requirements
Globalist Status gets you complimentary upgrades all the way up to suites, while Explorist gets you 20% bonus points and Access to Hyatt Lounges on property 4 times a year.
Here is how you need to go about it if you are not an Explorist currently:
- Register by September 30, 2017 to receive trial Explorist status for 90 days
- Stay 10 qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within 90 days of registration to maintain Explorist status through February 2019
- Stay an additional 10 qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within 90 days of registration and earn Globalist status through February 2019.
If you are already an Explorist, then you can Fast track to Globalist status through February 2019 with the Elite Tier offer.To participate:
- Register by September 30, 2017
- Stay 20 qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within 90 days of registration to achieve Globalist status through February 2019
This promotion is good for those who travel often for Business and would like to get (back) in the good books of Hyatt and get premium treatment from them for the next 1.5 years. To requalify, you’ll need to get 55 nights in the bag, so tread there only if you wish to do sustained business with Hyatt.
P.S.: Apple, HP are two companies which definitely qualify for this promotion.